If you’re looking for things to do in Hawaii, you’re in luck!
The Aloha State is one of the top US destinations for vacationers and planning a trip to the islands can be an exciting experience.
The isolated volcanic archipelago is famous for its breathtaking landscapes, tropical flora and colored, sandy beaches. But the 6 Pacific islands are also well known for being the perfect destination for those looking to spend an unforgettable vacation!
Over the centuries, each island has developed its own vibe. But if there is one thing the Hawaiian islands have in common, it’s offering people everywhere the rare opportunity to choose between myriad things to do in Hawaii and live an authentic Aloha experience.
The Paradise of the Pacific is the perfect destination for adventurous vacations, romantic getaways or tranquil family holidays. Here’s a list of 16 things to do in Hawaii next time you plan your visit.
Things to do in Hawaii for thrill seekers
1. Surfing – Surfing is the #1 activity to do in Hawaii. Booking a lesson with an experienced instructor is a must, if you come visit the islands.
2. Snorkeling – Make sure to book a snorkeling tour for your next visit. It’s one of the most thrilling things to do in Hawaii!
3. Kitesurfing and Windsurfing – For adrenaline seekers, kite and wind surfing are a must! You can bring your own equipment or rent it and you can find great instructors all over Hawaii.
4. Stand up Paddle Boarding – SUP is quickly becoming popular all over the world! Make sure to try stand up paddle boarding when you visit!
5. Hiking – Looking to plan a day of adventure? From easy trails to more challenging excursions, you can take advantage of Hawaii’s hiking opportunities and plan the perfect expedition!
6. Ziplining – Make sure to book a ‘zip and dip‘ tour in Hawaii. It’s fun, it’s safe and it’s perfect for both adventure seekers, as well as for families.
7. Helicopter Tours – Exploring Hawaii from up above is an invaluable experience! Book a helicopter tour next time you come to Hawaii!
Family friendly things to do in Hawaii
8. Whale Watching – Whale watching is one of the most amazing things to do in Hawaii. Booking a tour is a must when you visit!
9. Sightseeing – You can never get bored while sightseeing in Hawaii! You won’t regret booking a tour to go sightseeing with your friends or family!
10. Beach Hopping – Enjoy some fun under the sun! Go beach hopping in Hawaii and return home with a nice tan and plenty of wonderful stories to tell your loved ones.
11. Sunset cruises – Looking for something romantic to do in Hawaii? Book a sunset cruise and watch the sun going down as you enjoy live music and delicious food.
12. Local farm tours – Maui, Oahu, the Big Island and Kauai are home to some of the most well known local farms you can visit on a typical farm tour in Hawaii.
13. Horseback Riding – Looking for a tranquil countryside adventure? Make sure to book a horse riding tour and experience Hawaii in a memorable way.
Cultural things to do in Hawaii
14. Hawaiian Cultural Attractions – If you’re curious to learn more about the Hawaiian culture, make sure to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center in Oahu, the Arts & Cultural Center on Maui and check out the many state and national parks in Hawaii.
15. Luaus – Attending a Hawaiian luau is a must if you visit the Aloha State. Enjoying an evening of hula and fire dance performances is definitely an experience to remember.
16. Tasting the local cuisine – One of the best things to do in Hawaii is tasting the cuisine of the locals. Seek out the Hawaiian farmer’s markets and get a taste of what Hawaii has to offer.